Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ilearia

Characters

Lear: Owner of Ilearia Hotels.
Regan: Married to the Dean of Cornell (oldest daughter of Lear)
Gonny: Married to the governor of Albany (middle daughter of Lear)
Cori: Unmarried, youngest daughter of Lear’s.
Ken: Vice president of Ilearia, an old friend of Lear’s.
David Gloucestor: Lear’s secretary

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Ken and Dave sit in Ken’s office in New York City at the head of Kingdom Hotel)
Ken: Did you hear that Lear called a press conference for tomorrow?

Dave: No I didn’t, what’s the occasion?

Ken: About him giving up the hotel chain.

Dave: That’s what I figured it’d be about; looks like the old man finally gave in.

Ken: It’s not really his fault; I think he’s just sick of constantly being in the tabloids. I don’t blame the poor guy. The media is constantly after him for everything.

Dave: That’s what you get when you’re the owner of a multi-million hotel chain.

Ken: Very true, I’m just interested in whom it’s being passed onto.

Dave: I heard he might give it to his three daughters and we all know how great Gonny and Regan..

(Interrupted by Lear’s entrance)

Lear: Did you two not get my e-mail? We’re all meeting in the conference room in 10 minutes to discuss what’s happening tomorrow, hurry up.

(All three men proceed down to the conference room. Seated around the table is Lear’s three daughters, and some important members of Lear’s staff)

Lear: As most of you know, I am ready to give up Ilearia Hotel. This has been a hard decision for me but I feel as though it is time. I have done a lot of thinking of who will get the privilege of taking over my Empire and I came to a conclusion. I will split the chain into three, each daughter will receive 100 of her own buildings. My daughters all love me very much so I know they won’t disappoint my name. There is just one thing I ask for the three of them to do. Tomorrow at the press conference I will announce my leaving Ilearia. The three of you will each take turns alerting the press of how successful my legacy was. I need good press on my name. If my three loving daughters can convince the media I am a good man then I can go out of the spotlight gloriously. I need the world to see who I really am and what better way to do it then through my three daughters? You girls will write your speeches tonight and be prepared to deliver them at 9AM tomorrow. Regan and Gonny will your husband’s be present for this occasion?

Regan: Yes father, as the Dean of Cornell you know that my husband is a very busy man but this is an important meeting he has to be in attendance for.

Lear: Yes darling, he does need to be in attendance and same goes for your husband Gonny.

Gonny: Yes father, of course my husband can leave his duties as governor of Albany to come support you at the press conference.

Lear: Thanks girls, I will have my private jets sent to pick them up tonight, make sure they are ready.

(The conference room clears out. Later that night Cori is in her room writing in her online blog)

Cori’s blog: “Today dad said he’s going to be giving up Ilearia, I knew this day was coming soon. It makes me so upset every time I see horrible things about him in the media. I know my father is a great man but all of this seems a little too flakey. He really wants me to stand in front of the world and tell them how great he is? I don’t need to express to anyone how great he is, I know he’s great. My father is a very loving person and it saddens me that more people didn’t realize this. I don’t feel comfortable giving a forced declaration of my father. After all of the bad things that my sisters have done I am surprised that they will be showing their faces in front of the news cameras. I guess for once they’ll be excited that they are getting press that involves them having their clothes on”.

(The next day at the press conference. The room is littered with cameras, news anchors, newspaper reporters, members of Lear’s staff and his family)

Lear: I called for this press conference in order to address the public about leaving Ilearia Hotel. (Crowd starts whispering). Ileria will not be dead however, it will be split up between my three daughters. (Crowd gasps, whispers start getting louder). I would like to call the three of them up to the stand to say a few words, I will answer any questions you have when they are finished.

Regan: As Lear’s oldest daughter I would like to confess that I know him the best. My father has always been a great and kind man. He is the most handsome father I could ever ask for. The love I have for my father is the love that the world needs to feel for him. I could not express enough how thankful I am to become an owner of Ilearia Hotels, I learned everything I know from this great man. Thanks for everything daddy, you’re a super star.
Gonny: Even though Regan may think that she know’s our father the most, I know that I love him the most. My father is the most passionate man I have ever met in my life. My father has done so many good things with Ilearia Hotel’s that I only hope to do half as good as he has. I think that someone should write a book on his life and all of the great accomplishments he has made. I am very thankful for receiving a share of Ilearia, thank you daddy.

Cori: Hello everyone, I don’t exactly have a speech prepared. I’m not sure I can use such fake words as well as my sisters just did. I don’t know exactly how to glamorize the love for my father in a way that they can. I have nothing to say about my father.

(Lear becomes outraged and get’s Cori escorted off stage, Ken takes the microphone)

Ken: I’m sorry about all of that folks, Cori didn’t really mean any of that. Cori is a great girl and I think what she was saying was a little misunderstood.

(Lear's even more outraged that Ken is sticking up for Cori, he takes the microphone).

Lear: It looks as though there are going to be some changes made to Ilearia hotels. Ilearia will only be split between two of my daughters.. Oh, and I also have a Vice president’s position opening up.. That will be all. Thank you for your time, no questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment