(A Sonnet for The Tempest; This is Miranda speaking to Prospero, describing her love for Ferdinand)
Must I giv’st thee mine own true reason,
For this love that has bound mine own young heart
Around his, thou believe to be such treason?
Mine own eyes can witness the loving part.
This grown man once struck mine own eyes with fear;
Fear that, of love, lust, of natural being.
His love together, with mine own, is pure;
So pure, nature allows thee to be seeing.
With thine own flesh coming to approach thee,
Come forth, witness the love I have to share.
He is true to me as thou shall soon see,
Let mine own love be no less for you to bear.
I will show thee, mine love for him is true,
Nature allowed me to prove this to you.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment